Maegin Cove / Rainbow Ridge
Boat Ramp
Building Standards
  • chevron_rightWhat school district serves the community?
    Both Arp ISD and Chapel Hill ISD serve the neighborhood, dependent upon where your property is located. For specific information, contact the respective school districts or check your Smith County Appraisal District  account. Alternatively, your realtor should have that information in your property listing.
  • chevron_rightWhat utility companies serve our community?
         Southern Utilities - (903) 593-2588 or (903) 566-3511 to report after hours service problems
         Cherokee County Electrical Cooperative, Inc. - (903) 566-5028
        Waste Disposal
         Service is provided by private companies only. The most commonly used    
         providers in our area include:
           Garbage Pickup Service (GPS) - (903) 566-6588
           IESI - (800) 877-1777
           The Garbage Man, Inc. (G-Man) - (903) 589-5400
        Telephone (land line) and Internet (DSL)
         AT&T - (800) 288-2020
        Cable Television and Internet
         Suddenlink - (877) 694-9474
  • chevron_rightWhat is the Lake Tyler Master Plan?
    The Lake Tyler Master Plan was commissioned to study the areas surrounding Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East and to develop a set of recommendations that the City of Tyler could use to guide future decisions regarding lake development and to establish policies for implementation of the recommendations. The study was divided into three categories to organize the opportunities and challenges at the lakes: Planning and Development, Recreation, and Water Quality.
    Please click here to view or download the plan.
  • chevron_rightHow deep is the lake?
    The short answer varies widely! For a quick look at the depth ranges, click here. For an in-depth understanding of the lake topography, check out the volumetric study developed by the Texas Water Development Board.
Safety and Emergency
  • chevron_rightWhat are the emergency numbers for our community?
    Dial 9-1-1 for all emergencies.
  • chevron_rightWho do I call to report stray or dangerous animals?
    Contact the Smith County Animal Control at (903) 566-6600 for non-emergency situations. In the event the animal is posing a threat to the public or the situation is an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
  • chevron_rightWhere can I get information regarding local burn bans?
    The Texas Forest Service maintains a website that provides the current status of all Outdoor Burn Bans statewide.  Inquirers about burn bans and outdoor burning is rural areas of the county can also be made with the Smith County Fire Marshal's Office at (903)590-2655.
    Regardless of the burn ban status, the Texas Outdoor Burning Law prohibits property owners from burning when winds are more than 15 mph and within 300 feet of an occupied structure. In addition, Section VI(b) of the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions restrict all outdoor fires to be contained in an area no larger than ten (10) feet in diameter and four (4) feet tall, and constantly monitored as long as the ashes are at risk of igniting adjacent materials as a result of winds. For the safety of your family and neighbors, please DO NOT leave an open fire unattended for any reason.
  • chevron_rightWhere can I get information on flood zones?
    The Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) is the primary authority for all information related to flood management. FEMA has recently begun updating the flood maps and the proposed map for Smith County is now available on the FEMA website
  • chevron_rightWhere can I get information on local/regional fire activity?
    Being in the Piney Woods, fire safety is always a concern. There are two online sources that can help identify the source of smoke in the air. For a quick look, use the Texas Forest Service site.
    For a more in-depth look, you can use the WunderMap feature provided by Weather Underground. The WunderMap allows you to turn on/off filters that can determine several weather and safety events, such as the source and smoke trail of fires, tornado paths, hurricane paths, etc. Simply check / un-check the filters on the right side of the map.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a Username and Password for the website?
    All Members (and their significant other, if known) were pre-registered on the site and have a Username consisting of their email address, if one has been provided. Simply Login using your Username. If you are unsure whether your email is registered, you can obtain your Username using the Forgot Username function.
    If it is determined that your email is not registered, please select Login / Register and complete the online registration form. We only approve registration requests from property owners within the Association.
    Once you gain access to your profile, please update your Username, Password, and email address, and provide any other profile information you are willing to share in the directory. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact the Webmaster using the Contact Us menu item.
  • chevron_rightI forgot my Username or Password. What do I do?
    Simply click on the Login option, enter the Username, then click Forgot Password. The system will email the password information to the email address listed in the Member profile.  
    If you forgot your Username, simply click on the Login option, then click Forgot Username. The system will walk you through the process of obtaining your Username.
    If you are unable to gain access to the website using either of the above methods, send a message to the Webmaster using the Contact Us form.